MFAN advisors are knowledgeable, solutions-oriented leaders with a common goal — to support and empower military families. We do not create new programs—our focus is communication, and accessing our network to communicate to the military family community.
MFAN focuses on …
- Communicating with each other to understand the challenges that face our families
- Communicating with military families about the programs and services available to them
- Communicating the needs of military families to policymakers and organizations that support military families
- Communicating with the general public to introduce them to the modern-day military family
In the last two years, the MFAN advisors have worked together to:
- Develop a partnership with the Congressional Award to recognize the achievements of military youths
- Conduct the first Military Family Support Programming Survey to help better understand the state of military family support efforts
- Network, learn, share experiences, and generate ideas during monthly Google Hangouts and semiannual in-person meetings
We are looking now for people to carry the torch and serve on the 2015 – 2017 Advisory MFAN advisory board. Are you interested in joining the team? Click here to apply today. Applications close June 30!