We’re making a difference for military families —join us.
The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN) is seeking a full-time deputy director of research.
MFAN is a nonprofit with a simple mission: connect military and veteran families to resources designed to serve them. What makes us unique is how we do it.
All of our efforts are grounded in research. We convene leaders and influencers in the military community to help us understand what military families need now, assist us in making families aware of the resources that are already out there, and support us in delivering solutions when there are gaps in support.
We conduct national surveys to evaluate the status of support programming among our population, and the effects of military service on family life. We are also agile – we field studies quickly when we need answers. Recent work evaluated military families’ experiences living in privatized military housing, a study that was cited repeatedly by members of the Senate Armed Services Committee. We have been invited to present our findings at the White House, the Pentagon, and on Capitol Hill.
The deputy research director will be part of the team developing research plans from data collection and analysis to reporting results and data visualization. We are looking for a candidate who is detail-oriented and who will maintain the highest standards of accuracy and objectivity in research. Someone who is a self-starter, equally comfortable working independently or with a team.
Position would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage day-to-day of all research projects with the oversight of senior research director
- Code and analyze qualitative data and manage coding team
- Write white papers and reports on research findings and thought leadership
- Support grant-writing
- Occasional travel
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement a research project, from inception to publication.
- Ph.D. preferred, but master’s degree and extensive research experience considered.
- Deep understanding of and commitment to the military family community.
- Familiarity with qualitative data coding.
- Experience managing a team.
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Military Family Advisory Network does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.